The Mission Statement is the fruit of ongoing prayer and consideration. The latest publication was authorised in January 2017: it will be kept under review. This page always reflects the current text, and the Statement is also available as an A4-size PDF.
Eastbourne Ordinariate Mission Statement
A community in Christ seeking and sharing transforming grace, reconciling love, and compassionate hope.
A community in Christ,…
We pray to see all God’s diverse family working together and aim to model a way of visible communion for all God’s people.3
…seeking and sharing transforming grace…
As Christ’s body we seek, by his Spirit, to communicate the gospel by becoming the salt and light of the Kingdom of God, in a broken world. We will support good practice, wherever it is found, in the wider Eastbourne community.
We have a God-given vocation to care and nurture the gift of creation. As a community and as individuals we will commit to “living simply that others may simply live,” following the LOAF principles of buying Local, Organic, Animal-friendly and Fair Trade goods, where practically possible; and to share our resources where we can.
With the intercessions of Our Lady of Walsingham and under the patronage of Blessed John Henry Newman, we seek the grace of God to guide our mission.
- Cf. Dogmatic Constitution Lumen Gentium, 4; Decree Unitatis redintegratio, 2.
- Dogmatic Constitution Lumen Gentium, 1.
- Cf. John 17:20–21; Decree Unitatis redintegratio, 2.
- Dogmatic Constitution Lumen Gentium, 13; Acts 2:42
- Apostolic Exhortation Evangelii Gaudium, 124
- Cf. Mark 2:17; 1 John 4:10, 19; Romans 5:8
- Apostolic Exhortation Evangelii Gaudium, 183